busy little photo bee.....
Just thought I'd post a quick update. Does anyone else out there keep thinking it's Friday today? Jed had the day off so we actually got to sit down and eat breakfast together. Although, since he slept in, we had breakfast at lunchtime.....and since it was lunchtime, he had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and potato chips for breakfast. What a great weekday treat!
Tomorrow we're off to Boston for the weekend. Road trip! One of the guys that I lived with in Barcelona when I was 16 is coming to the city with his girlfriend and I am really excited to catch up with him again.... and to take a little trip down Newbury St. for some shopping! Plus we're looking forward to some fun family dinners -- Aunt Marianne's meatballs....yahoo!
It's funny....Somebody asked me the other day about the last time I saw my Spanish pal, and I was completely astounded when I did a quick calculation and realized that I hadn't seen him in 14 years. That's a long time! This led to many other crazy and disturbing calculations, such as:
* I have officially been out of high school for 12 years (and somehow completely missed my 10-year reunion! Whoops.)
* It was a whopping 11 1/2 years ago that I bravely picked up this gorgeous guy in my Health Ed class at Penn State......in fact, the very same guy who had pb&j for breakfast this morning. See ladies? You CAN make the first move! :)
* I still have a shirt in my closet that I bought 9 years ago (and yes, I still occasionally wear it. And I still really like it. Shame on me.)
* I caught a random flashback re-run of "My So Called Life" (circa 1994) on tv the other day, and I realized I'm still secretly hoping they'll come out with a few new episodes.
* I just threw out a mini bottle of champagne that I found while cleaning our fridge last week. It was left over from the people who used to own our house and had been transferred from fridge to fridge along the way. Apparently they had attended a wedding where the bride and groom gave these out as favors....in 1987. The "champagne" was pink. Ewww. We happily decided we were not thirsty enough to drink something that had been refrigerated for the past 20 years.
* I bought my kick-ass rock solid Cannondale mountain bike 7 years ago....and somehow I still consider it "new". And I continue to lock it up. Inside of our locked garage. What can I say? It's really pretty. It's the only orange thing that I've ever owned that I actually like.
Just a few interesting calculations for y'all! Anyway, it's been a busy week finishing up work on the new website which will be launching any day now.....really, it will....I promise! All of my photo work has been going to the website, so I haven't been posting much lately, but here's a little taste of my sister Elisa's awesome shoot on the beach. We had so much fun running around, being goofy on the beach. There was lots of dancing and voguing and climbing on things we probably shouldn't have been climbing on, and of course, people looking at us like we had 3 heads....but it was all worth it. Here are a few of the calm ones....I'll have to dig a funny one up to show you all next. :)
Posted: Thu - April 5, 2007 at 06:04 PM